These Bible Verses about God’s love for you + our 7 Day Challenge is for you if you’ve..
- Ever felt forgotten by God? Or…
- Felt like God doesn’t really love you?
There are 2 things you should know if you’re questioning God’s love for you:
- You’re not alone. Countless Christians have been there, myself included. It’s a sucky place to be, but the good news is that you don’t have to stay there.
- God does love you and He wants a relationship with you. There will be days when this feels like the furthest thing from the truth, but it is true.
So here’s what we’re covering in this post…
How to use these Bible Verses about God’s love for you:
The only way I was able to really recognize God’s love in my own life, was to dig into the Word for myself.
So, in this blog post we’re covering:
- 7 Bible verses about God’s love
- A Bible Study Challenge to help you understand and experience God’s love for yourself.
I’ve put together a list of 7 scriptures + journal prompts, one for each day of the week, that will remind you of God’s love for you.
You can pick one scripture a day and meditate on it for the whole day.
If you’re not interested in the challenge, feel free to skip ahead to the 7 Bible Verses.
The “Experiencing God’s Love” Mini Challenge
God’s word will transform you when you meditate on it.
The Bible says, “Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God’s will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.” Romans 12:2
So, it’s not enough to just memorize a scripture. There are plenty of folk who memorized scripture, but still don’t know Christ for themselves.
In order for the word of God to transform you, you’ve gotta get deep in it.
So, here’s your 7 Day Challenge:
Each day you’re going to pick a scripture from the list below and do the following:
- Pray. Before you start, ask God to give you wisdom, understanding, and revelation about what you’re about to read. This makes such a huge difference for me in my personal devotions.
- Memorize it. Take 1 scripture a day and commit it to memory.
- Meditate on it. Throughout the day, think about what that scripture really means. Ask yourself questions like, “since God’s word is true, how can I apply it to my life?”
- Journal about the Bible verse. I’m a huge fan of journaling. It doesn’t have to be long, but write down your revelations and the takeaways you get each day as you meditate on a scripture.
- Bonus: Turn them into affirmations that you say daily. The Bible says that life and death are in the power of the tongue. What you say matters, so let your mouth work for you. You can’t go wrong saying the word of God. In fact, as you continue to say it, you’ll continue getting revelations about it, which is how you’ll transform your beliefs to line up with God’s word.
As you focus on God’s love for you and soften your heart to the truth of his word, your mind will be renewed and you will be transformed.
So let’s jump into it…
7 Bible Verses about God’s Love for you
1. Hebrews 13:5: “I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee”
Journal Prompt: When you don’t feel God’s love.
We’re human. And as humans we rely on our feelings for basically everything.
Believing the word of God can feel especially hard when our emotions don’t line up with God’s word.
So what about when you don’t feel like God really loves you, or that He’s with you?
That’s where faith comes in. Faith chooses to believe the word of God is true, no matter what our feelings say. Meditating on the word is one of the ways you can build your faith.
- What challenges are you dealing with right now – How you can acknowledge God’s presence more as you deal with those things?
- In your daily life, how can you rely on Him more?
2. Romans 8:38-39: And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God’s love. Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow—not even the powers of hell can separate us from God’s love. 39 No power in the sky above or in the earth below—indeed, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Journal Prompt: Nothing can stop God from loving you.
That’s one of one of my favorite Bible verses about God’s love.
God knows everything about us.
He knows every sin we’ve committed and will commit, and He loves us anyway. Sometimes we think that we’ve sinned too much, or messed up too badly, or just that we’re not good enough for God to love us.
But God knew exactly who you were and every sin you’d commit before you were born, and guess what? He still chose to create you.
He loved you enough that He chose to die for the forgiveness of your sin so that He could have a relationship with you.
- What have you let keep you from giving your all in your relationship with Christ?
- What do you need to surrender to Him today?
- How does knowing that nothing can separate you from God’s love make you feel?
3. Jeremiah 1:5: Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart;
Journal Prompt: God chose YOU, you are NOT an accident.
Notice the phrasing of this scripture. He says, “before I formed you…” That means that He created you. It was Him who knit you together in your mom’s womb. He made you ON PURPOSE and FOR A PURPOSE.
God’s love for you is eternal, He loved you before anyone else knew you existed!
- In Genesis, we read about God creating the world. Every time He created something, He called it good. He put great thought into what He created and created it all with a purpose. Why do you think God created you? What are the gifts and talents that He created you with?
- How would discovering all of the good things God sees when He looks at you, change your self-image and your life?
4. Jeremiah 29:11: For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
Journal Prompt: God loves you so much that He made plans for you.
Our darkest moments can make us feel like God’s forgotten about us, or like he doesn’t care about us. But this is one of those Bible verses about God’s love that assures us that it’s not the case.
- How can you discover the plans God has for you?
- How would your life change if you learned how to purposely seek God’s will for your life?
5. Ephesians 1:5: God decided in advance to adopt us into his own family by bringing us to himself through Jesus Christ. This is what he wanted to do, and it gave him great pleasure.
Journal Prompt: God loves you and wants you.
God wants you. He wants a relationship with you. That’s why He sacrificed His son, so that sin couldn’t keep you from Him.
When we think about God’s love for us, it’s important to remember that we can’t earn God’s love. He gives it to us freely.
- What do you think God wants out of a relationship with you?
- How much would you have to love someone to make such a huge sacrifice for them?
6. Psalms 34:19: The righteous person faces many troubles, but the LORD comes to the rescue each time.
Journal Prompt: God’s Love in hard times.
No matter what you’re going through, God is right there with you.
Being a Christian doesn’t mean life will be easy or that you’re exempt from hard times.
Life happens to everyone. E-v-e-r-y-o-n-e. Being a Christian means that no matter what you face, God’s there with you every step of the way, and He’s willing and able to help you get through it.
In all of the Bible Verses about God’s love, it’s evident that God loves you in the best times and worst times.
- What’s happened in your life that’s made you feel like God’s promises don’t apply to you? Are you willing to challenge yourself to choose to believe God’s word?
7. Zephaniah 3:17: For the LORD your God is living among you. He is a mighty savior. He will take delight in you with gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will rejoice over you with joyful songs.”
Journal Prompt: With his love, He will calm all your fears.
God cares about what’s going on with you.
He cares about the things that are making you fearful, causing you anxiety, and making you worry.
You don’t have to go through that alone. In fact, He wants you to cast your cares and worry on Him.
If you’re looking for a Bible Verse about God’s love to help you when you feel afraid and alone, start meditating on this scripture.
- What are the fears and worry you’ve been carrying? How would it change your life if you released those and let God take care of them?
How’d it go?
Did you finish the challenge? If so, leave a comment and tell me about your experience! Remember, the journey of a million miles starts with one step. Don’t get discouraged if you don’t see an immediate change in yourself. Be patient with yourself and trust that God’s got you.
w/ love from one King’s Kid to Another,