If your husband’s out of work, it’s likely a stressful time for him and for your family.
The pressure of finances and household responsibilities + the fear of the unknown is enough to drive anyone crazy.
I’ve been there more than once, and I know how tough it can be.
However, I also know that prayer can change things.
How to Use this Prayer
You know that prayer isn’t a set it and forget it kinda thing. Once you’ve prayed this prayer by faith, things may not change instantly. In my personal experience, instant change is rare.
While you’re waiting and believing for your breakthrough, make a habit of giving God thanks every time you think about your husband’s new job.
While the prayer is a great place to start, I also recommend doing these 3 things:
- Find relevant scriptures to pray over your husband’s job search.
- Make it personal. If your husband needs a certain salary, benefits, a particular work location, ask God for those things.
- Keep your prayer requests somewhere you can see it often. Maybe keep it in your Bible, by your bed stand, or in your car. I use these Prayer Cards below. When a prayer’s been answered, I write down my testimony and hang it up in my office. This helps me remember all God has done for me.
Prayer + Testimony Cards [$7]
Get focused in your prayer life, boost your faith, and build gratitude.
3 Bible Verses to Use in your Husband’s Job Search
The best way to pray is based on God’s Word. Once you know God’s Word, you know His will. When you know what He wants for you, it’s much easier to pray from a place of faith.
Check out my strategy for how to pray using Bible Verses.
To get you started, here are 3 verses you can pray over your husband’s job search:
- Philippians 4:19 – And this same God who takes care of me will supply all your needs from his glorious riches, which have been given to us in Christ Jesus.
- Psalm 90:17 – And may the Lord our God show us his approval and make our efforts successful. Yes, make our efforts successful!
- Philippians 4:6-7 – Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.
*Source for all Bible Verses: Bible Hub (I personally prefer Bible Hub because you can easily view multiple translations). All verses quoted above are from the New Living Translation.
Prayer for Husband To Get A Job
Dear Lord, I thank you for being our Provider. Thank you for the jobs you’ve provided in the past and the jobs you’ll provide going forward. Thank you for your faithfulness to us. Lord you know exactly what we need. I believe, according to your word, that you will meet all of our needs.
I ask you to provide a new job for my husband that meets his needs financially and includes all the benefits our family needs.
Give him wisdom and show him how to approach his job search. Give him favor Lord. Please cause his resume to stand out and lead the right employers to contact him. When it’s time for him to interview, please give him your peace and confidence.
During this waiting period, I ask that you help him to release his anxieties and cares to you. Please remind him of your love for him. Again, I thank you Father for what you’re doing in our lives.
In Jesus’ Name, Amen
Share the Love. Pin this Please.
Wanna print this prayer? Click the download Button
Stay Encouraged Sis!
I know this is a difficult time. Being without a much needed source of income can put a lot of stress on even the strongest marriages. Even though it’s tough, I wanna remind you that you’ve been through tough times before. God has shown up for you in other situations, and He’s faithful to show up for you again.
One easy way to encourage yourself is to find things every morning to give thanks for. A grateful heart is a companion to faith!
Praying for you sis!
w/ light and love,
Matthew 5:14 – You are the light of the world. And like a city on a hill that cannot be hidden.